“Great people deliver great results creating exceptional teams. Major Executive Search finds the talent to help your team excel.” –Susan Major
Susan Major is the Founder and CEO of Major Executive Search, bringing a unique and invaluable blend of experience working in both search and in the technology industry itself. She specializes in the wireless, telecom, software and semiconductor sectors, serving Fortune 500 companies to start-ups.
Ms. Major’s experience includes 20+ years of executive search, including C-level executive placements for public and emerging, pre-IPO corporations. Prior to establishing Major Executive Search, she co-founded Slayton International’s first west coast headquarters, where she served as a Managing Director. Her hands-on experience also includes opening San Diego’s first top ten search office for A.T. Kearney Executive Search.
Ms. Major’s expertise in technology and global high growth companies spans more than 15 years. As an executive at Motorola, she introduced numerous technology products, including cellular handsets and a first generation PDA. At Ameritech, she led the marketing efforts that expanded their paging and wireless data services. Additionally, she has been awarded two patents in wireless messaging.
Ms. Major is active in both the professional and community service communities. She co-sponsors the annual Women in Wireless event at CTIA and the Global Telecom Women’s Network (GTWN) at Mobile World Congress. She also serves on several private boards. Ms. Major graduated from Northeastern University with a Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), Council of the Americas Board Member
- Partners Search Alliance, Member
- 2020 Women On Boards
- Neonode, Inc., Board of Advisors (Nasdaq: NEON)
- Stage 1 Ventures, Waltham, MA, Advisory Board
- The Global Telecom Women’s Network (GTWN), International Board Member
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Board of Overseers Corporator Emerita, and West Coast Council
- Foundation of the Zoological Society of San Diego, Board Member
- Executive Women in Wireless (EWIW), Founding Member
- Girl Scouts of the USA, National Board Member, Fund Development Committee Member and National Board Development Committee Member
- EvoNexus, San Diego, CA, Development Committee Member