“Great people deliver great results creating exceptional teams. Major Executive Search finds the talent to help your team excel.” –Susan Major
Susan Major is the Founder & CEO of Major Executive Search. Her expertise working in the Technology industry spans more than 18 years with global high growth companies coupled with 12 additional years of search experience, including C-level executive placements for public and emerging, pre-IPO corporations.
Ms. Major specializes in the wireless, telecom, software and semiconductor sectors, and serves Fortune 500 companies to start-ups. Prior to Major Executive Search, she co-founded Slayton International’s first west coast headquarters, where she served as a Managing Director. Her hands-on experience also includes opening San Diego’s first top ten search office for A.T. Kearney Executive Search.
Ms. Major has introduced numerous technology products, including two-way radios, cellular handsets and a first generation PDA while at Motorola. At Ameritech, she led the marketing efforts that expanded their paging and wireless data services. Additionally, she has been awarded two patents in wireless messaging.
As an active community member, Ms. Major sponsors the annual Women in Wireless Breakfast at CTIA, and she serves on a number of private boards. Sue is a member of the Partners Search Alliance which is a consortium of CEOs of national boutique executive search firms dedicated to furthering best practices in retained search. She graduated from Northeastern University with a Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), Council of the Americas Board Member
- Partners Search Alliance, Member
- 2020 Women On Boards
- Neonode, Inc., Board of Advisors (Nasdaq: NEON)
- Stage 1 Ventures, Waltham, MA, Advisory Board
- The Global Telecom Women’s Network (GTWN), International Board Member
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA, Board of Overseers (Trustees)
- Foundation of the Zoological Society of San Diego, Board Member
- Executive Women in Wireless (EWIW), Founding Member
- Girl Scouts San Diego, Nominating Committee Member
- EvoNexus, San Diego, CA, Development Committee Member
- Frank Lloyd Wright National Conservancy, 2005 “Spirit Award” winner
- La Jolla Music Society, Board Member
- Girl Scouts USA, National Board of Directors